Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Sam Adams Beer School


The other day I got to go to one of Harvard Queenshead Pub's highly subsidized beer school events, and the founder of Sam Adams was there.  He's the guy who appears in the company's ads, talking about how he hates stale beer (in one ad, he actually jumps in a huge tank of stale beer).  I liked his style - he used swears sparingly but occasionally, which is unusual for a speaker at Harvard.  For example, he told us the Canadian joke about American beer - what makes American beer like having sex in a canoe?  You can guess the answer or email me and I'll let you know.

Someone asked him why Sam Adams light isn't a calorie-free beer.  His response, besides the obvious, was that Michelob Ultra is literally thinner than water.  I haven't had Michelob Ultra, but something tells me, if I did, I would find it unsatisfying.

No comments: