- Little Miss Sunshine. This was the one movie of the year that I plan to watch once a year until I die. It has many brilliant moments, and you feel good at the end.
- The Departed. The hot psychiatrist's accent almost ruins it all...but she's hot, and the movie delivers in a lot of ways. Plus, some of the action occurs right where I took the GREs. And props to Scorsese for the rat on the railing at the very end.
- Casino Royale. Brought Bond back to legitimacy after several epic disasters (invisible car? mojito?). But champagne for one?
- Inside Man. Spike Lee does all he can to ruin it with clicheed race-related asides, but he fails.
- Miami Vice. It introduced the "go fast boat," and Michael Mann achieved the scariest-sounding gunshots ever. Other than that...
- The Omen. I enjoy overdone horror movies. When Dani Fein and I saw this, we laughed enough in the theater to prompt the woman in front of us, who took the movie rather too seriously, to mutter "some people!"
- The Good Shepherd. If only Matt Damon's son were a man instead of an effeminate child inexplicably allowed to almost cause nuclear holocaust, this movie might have made sense.